CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR AIR PLANTS
- Airplants love bright and a good long bath in clean water.
- Once a week, submerge plant in water, put in before dinner, take out after.
- If the air is very dry in your home, you can leave them under water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Wetting the flower (bloom) itself is good, but leave it above water when soaking it for hours.
- They will tolerate city water, but will bloom sooner and give more offset (new plants) without chemicals.
- Use rain, spring or bottled water for the best results. Well water is excellent, as long as it is not going through a softener.
- Do not use Miracle-Grow on airplants. You can use any orchid food or Peters All Purpose once a month half strength. Mix in water, and give them a bath as usual.
- A few hours of early morning or late afternoon sun is OK, but not hot dried mid-day sun. Bright light is excellent.
- If the leaves start to "tube" (close) it is a sign of dehydration...it means "soak me longer".
- Allow plant to dry before placing in a hole.
Copyright 2000, 2001 - Mother Nature's Gifts - All rights reserved